Our commitment to quality and precision is fade-resistant.
WHAT IS BLACK OXIDE COATING?
Black Oxide is a chemical conversion coating for ferrous materials. Black Oxide coatings are typically applied to add mild corrosion resistance and for appearance. The Black Oxide process employed at Mid-South is a hot Black Oxide process bath. The hot process provides a deep black finish and produces results superior to the cold dip processing utilized by some finishers. The hot Black Oxide process had also been approved by most industrial and military applications. Mid-South Metallurgical provides a Black Oxide process that meets or exceeds all government specifications including MIL-DTL-13924D for Class 1 Black Oxide coatings.
LET'S TALK ABOUT YOUR NEXT PROJECT.
BENEFITS OF BLACK OXIDE COATING
‣ Complete and uniform coverage of the entire surface of the part(s)
‣ No significant dimensional change to the part(s)
‣ Rockwell Hardness properties of heat-treated steel(s) are unaffected by Black Oxide.
‣ Black Oxide coating will not peel, chip, crack, or rub-off.
‣ No Welding Fumes: Welding Black Oxide parts does not cause the release of noxious fumes as with welding painted or plated parts
‣ Visual Appeal
Penetrate Ultra Black
Up to 1000 Lbs./Hour
Black Oxide coatings are used on machine-tool parts, power tool parts, gauges, instrument components, cutting tools, machine tools, machine parts, spark plugs, firearms, springs, bearings, motor shafts, piston rings, motor parts, valves, and fasteners.
Agricultural | Automotive | Cutlery | Firearm | Heavy Equipment | Machine Tools | Medical
Military | Mining | Molding | Precision Casting | Power Generation | Steel Fabrication | Tool & Die